Westhamians FC's history goes back to 1925 when a group of pupils from the old West Ham Central Secondary School formed a club to provide football for the old boys of the school. Originally named 'West Ham Secondary Old Boys FC' this was quickly changed to 'Old Westhamians' and now 'Westhamians FC'.
The club played in the Amateur Football Alliance prior to the second World War with the club re-emerging in 1947 to join the Old Boys League for season 1948/49. They stayed members of the Amateur Football Alliance until the mid 1990's. The club then moved over to the Ilford and District League, the Essex Business Houses League and then onto the Essex Olympian League.
They now have many youth sides and the first team are scheduled to play in Division One of the Essex Olympian League (The non-league ladder) for the 2013/14 season.